What you cannot miss in January! January 2019! We were waiting for this new beginning and we are happy to do it with you. We have many good resolutions and we will work hard to do all the things we have planned. But what about your memories? Have you enjoyed 2018? What about our blog? Do you like it? Wait a minute, talking about blog… We have not posted anything for quite some time and this is the very first post of 2019!
January is time for arrivals and for new experiences. Therefore, here our first suggestion of 2019: helpBarcelona offers you the chance to move abroad, grab it! Our shared flats and Madrid are waiting for you. They are renovated and they are located in some of the best districts in Barcelona: this means in the city centre, good connected and close to the services. Do not miss the chance to live one of the best adventures ever with us.
Now, it is time to talk about, drum roll, New Year’s resolutions. We have listed some and we have decided to share them with you… Curious? Here, helpBarcelona resolutions:
- Keep providing you with useful info thanks to our blog: we will keep our tours all around Barcelona and its neighbourhoods; we will talk again about public transports, Catalan and tasty food (yes, we are eaters)! This one had to be the very first one ahahaha.
- Share our adventures with you: Instagram, Facebook and Twitter will make you experience the best adventure abroad ever. Keep following us!
- Improve our services for you: looking for new ideas and new projects.
- Offer you always more and prettier shared flats, so that you will have more chance to take advantage of our services.
The first blog post of the year is actually a good excuse to begin with the resolution number 1. The monthly agenda is a good start to improve our blog, to provide you with new tips and to welcome you in 2019 with some great events and concerts.
In this respect, we have redesigned our agenda and this one is our first attempt: new year, new agenda, new design, and new tips! How will we structure this post? Our agenda has two sections. The first one has the traditional list of events, exhibitions, concerts, restaurants or gastronomical events. The second section is brand new, let’s say an experiment. For the very first time helpBarcelona will suggest you something to watch, something to read, something to eat (of paramount importance) and a place to visit.
Are you ready to begin a new interesting (we hope so) adventure together?
EVENTS AND MORE…
Bars and board games: it seems to be a new trend in Barcelona, but it is actually quite common in many European cities (at least the one we have visited). You go out for a drink and you spend your time playing board games: we like it! Have you ever been in such a bar? Here some suggestions to spend an alternative evening…
Until February 24th_Pablo Picasso and the publisher Gustavo Gili: work and friendship: for those who know us a little bit, you are perfectly aware of our passion for art and culture. This exhibition is a great chance to discover the relationship between the author and the publisher. If you live in Barcelona, you may have already visited it, but we have though it would have been interesting for the newcomers.
19 January-20 January_Minifestival de Musica Indipendent: we got something gastronomical, something cultural and now it is time to provide you with a musical plan. Enjoy this festival organized by FNAC and discover new artists. For further information, here the link.
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. This is the sequel of “Fantastic beasts and where to find them” and, with great regret, we must admit that we didn’t like it as much as the first one. Nonetheless, if you are into Harry Potter and Hogwarts, you have to watch this movie!
- Parks and Recreation. A hilarious political satire about the daily political life of Leslie, a mid-level bureaucrat in the Parks Departments of Pawnee (TV series). We cannot stop laughing, it is… terrific!
- More.Plastic. by Martin Dorey. A guide with 2 minutes solutions to reduce plastic in your daily life. Everyone should take care of our planet and this book will help you to manage this important mission. (EN)
- Stop Basura: la verdad sobre el reciclar. by Alex Pascual. This book shows us the importance of recycling. (ES)
- Girona, if you wish to escape the bustle of Barcelona, this ancient city is the right place to spend your Saturday afternoon. Cathedral, old fortifications and the remains of the Jewish community are only few of the beauties treasured by this medieval city.
- Turron, we would have suggested good Roscon de Reyes, but our agenda comes a little bit too late. Therefore, we have selected for you another traditional treat that you can taste throughout the year.
Are we missing something? Well, it’s time to enjoy amazing moments both at home, with your flatmates, and outside, discovering Barcelona and other interesting Catalan locations with your friends. This month is actually a great chance to begin with the right foot and to make plans.
helpBarcelona wishes you an amazing January! Follow our adventures on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter… Stay tuned and do not miss our columns.
Dear reader, it is already time to say goodbye. See you on February with other plans and other favourites!